Call-out for poems
Issue 8 of The Poets’ Republic is now due for publication in September 2020. Our submissions window is currently closed, except for contributions to our ‘Poets React’ (see page for guidelines). The usual guidelines for the magazine are as follows:
Please abide by them (they are essential to minimising admin), otherwise you risk your work being rejected outright.
* Send up to three poems (no more) in a single word.doc attachment. We tend to publish only one poem per poet, but we like to see a cross-section of work.
* Poems should be no more than 40 lines each and previously unpublished. They should be set in 10 or 11 point; no fancy fonts or illustrations, please.
* Your e-mail should include a cover note including the titles of your poems, your address and a brief biography (up to 25 words) written in the third person.
* We rarely enter into critical correspondence about submissions, and try to keep it friendly, but please note the editors’ decisions are final.
* We welcome poems in English, Scots and Gaelic. As a socialist magazine, The Poets’ Republic is committed to equality and encourages submissions from all under-represented sections of society.
* Poems in English and Scots should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Poems in Gaelic should be sent to email@example.com
It's nice to share: